That's obnoxious, but some things you just have to live with, right?
While perusing my "Primal Living" Pinterest Board, I saw a pin about Mason Jar Meals, and was intrigued enough to click through to the article. I found an awesome post from the Big Red Kitchen with some great ideas for Mason Jar Meals.
While not all of these ideas are strictly Paleo (and the author notes this up front), there are certainly some great organizational tips and lots of ideas to get started... this is something I want to start doing.
Some of the benefits include:
1. No more wasting food2. No more not knowing what to have for dinner
3. No more cooking every night
4. No more blah food
5. No more messy refrigerator
6. No more plastic containers
7. No more unhealthy food- well maybe. Wink.
8. No more coming home from CrossFit ravenous, but too comatose to cook.
9. No more eating out every day for lunch.
WHY MASON JARS?
1. Dishwasher safe
3. Not plastic
6. Make food look delicious
7. Stackable and packable
8. Lids and jars can be purchased separately
9. Help control portions
Kudos to the Big Red Kitchen for a great post on an alternative to plastic containers. I can't wait to get started.